The most important obstacles to the operation of travel agencies and our proposals to solve them.
The Association of Hungarian Travel Agencies, MUISZ, has been representing the interests of its members and tourism industry stakeholders since its foundation in 1974.
Besides lobbying, MUISZ organizes events such as lectures and seminars for tourism professionals and communicates to the public and the press.
Proposals to improve competitiveness
- task sharing between the Hungarian Tourism Agency (MTÜ) sales and marketing organizations and the market players,
- our priority is the modernization of the Local Business Tax Act (HIPA),
- facilitation of visa issuance to increase the income on inbound travel,
- for successful MICE activity to establishment of a conference hall and opportunity to use our historic buildings for incentive programmes as well,
- development of the approach to the Liszt Ferenc International Airport,
- regulation of the traffic of touring coaches in the capital,
- Revision and consolidation of the control system on travel agencies,
- as a key consumer protection issue, the introduction of the mandatory gross pricing by the travel agencies,
- to regulate the mandatory liability insurance for travel agents,
- available resources to tender for SMEs,
- resources to develop online tourism sales tools,